Rome is Italy’s capital and a 2,800 year-old city. So, wondering about the food you can have here? Absolutely fabulous, of course. A long tradition and a mind-numbing variety will more than satisfy you. Roman dishes owe a lot to the Jewish cuisine since Jews have been living here for nearly 2000 years. Italians from every corner of the country live here and they also like to eat their local specialties, that’s why there are so many regional eateries. But Rome is also a capital with about 200 embassies and a city hosting hundreds of thousands of immigrants from all over the world; therefore there is also a wide choice of international restaurants. And if you are in a hurry and prefer not to spend a lot of time dining in, there are many street food options, such as take-away pizza or other typical delicacies like supplì, to enjoy while strolling around. But beware, there are also many tourist traps! Avoid restaurants showing big signs in English, drawings or photos of their dishes, with staff distributing flyers or waiters pushing you to stop there. No quality restaurant would do it…
- Eating in Trastevere, Avoiding Tourist Traps. Some Good Restaurant Tips
- Are Mondays Dead In Rome? Not At All! Here’s What You Can Do & See the 1st Day of the Week!
- Rome Best Street Food? Supplì! And Here Is Our Top-Ten
- Rome’s Best Pizza is Not Roman! Our Top Ten
- Discover Alternative Rome in San Lorenzo, the student and young artists district
- Watching American Football in Rome & the rest of Italy. Where and How?
- Need Free WiFi? Check Out Our Favorite Places in Rome!
- Tea, tea shops & tea rooms of Rome: these are our picks in the Eternal City!
- Fancy A Sandwich while in Rome? These are the Best Panini in Town!
- Pope Francis Announces Mercy Jubilee, an Extraordinary Holy Year from Dec2015 to Nov2016.
- What’s the Best Carbonara of Rome? Our Top Ten Choices!
- Pigneto, Rome’s Borough where Local meets Global. And the Outcome is Very Cool!
- Revolution in Rome’s Landmarks: Rules, Fees & Opening Hours Change from July 1
- What’s up in Rome on Ferragosto (Aug.15)? Find it out here!
- What’s the Trendiest Pasta Dish in Rome? Cacio e Pepe and here is Our Top-10!
- A Map of What’s Open & When for the Christmas Holidays in Rome: Museums, Monuments & Exhibits
- Epiphany in Rome: January 6 Magic Celebrations, Traditions and Folklore
- A Map of Rome’s Top Wine Bars: Where To Drink & Buy The Best Wines in Town
- Celebrating Thanksgiving in Rome: Restaurants, Parties, DIY Meal and Mass Services!
- Operas Under the Stars in Rome: The Terme di Caracalla Season Kicks Off on June 13!
- Christmas Masses in Rome for the Christian Communities, In Different Languages, on Dec24-25
- Off the Beaten Track Rome: Garbatella, Charming Urban Experiment With A Soul
- The Christmas Holidays End on January 6 in Rome with a Long Epiphany Week-End
- Celebrating NYE in Rome: Parties and Concerts to Greet the New Year
- Ceramics in Rome: Exhibits and Shops To Admire and Buy the Best Pottery In Town
- Rome’s Greatest Theme Park Rainbow MagicLand Inaugurated Today in Valmontone
- Skiing Near Rome is Easy and Fun, Try Campo Felice!
- It’s not like the OktoberFest, but here is your Beer Itinerary in Rome & surroundings!
- Easter 2015 in Rome: Religious Celebrations, Events and Special Food
- How’s Pope Benedict XVI’s retreat? Let’s discover Castel Gandolfo!
- BuzzInRome > Eat & Drink > Eat & Drink
Get In Touch