Rome is Italy’s capital and a 2,800 year-old city. So, wondering about the food you can have here? Absolutely fabulous, of course. A long tradition and a mind-numbing variety will more than satisfy you. Roman dishes owe a lot to the Jewish cuisine since Jews have been living here for nearly 2000 years. Italians from every corner of the country live here and they also like to eat their local specialties, that’s why there are so many regional eateries. But Rome is also a capital with about 200 embassies and a city hosting hundreds of thousands of immigrants from all over the world; therefore there is also a wide choice of international restaurants. And if you are in a hurry and prefer not to spend a lot of time dining in, there are many street food options, such as take-away pizza or other typical delicacies like supplì, to enjoy while strolling around. But beware, there are also many tourist traps! Avoid restaurants showing big signs in English, drawings or photos of their dishes, with staff distributing flyers or waiters pushing you to stop there. No quality restaurant would do it…
- Eating in Trastevere, Avoiding Tourist Traps. Some Good Restaurant Tips
- Are Mondays Dead In Rome? Not At All! Here’s What You Can Do & See the 1st Day of the Week!
- Rome’s Best Pizza is Not Roman! Our Top Ten
- Rome Best Street Food? Supplì! And Here Is Our Top-Ten
- Discover Alternative Rome in San Lorenzo, the student and young artists district
- Watching American Football in Rome & the rest of Italy. Where and How?
- Need Free WiFi? Check Out Our Favorite Places in Rome!
- Pope Francis Announces Mercy Jubilee, an Extraordinary Holy Year from Dec2015 to Nov2016.
- Tea, tea shops & tea rooms of Rome: these are our picks in the Eternal City!
- Fancy A Sandwich while in Rome? These are the Best Panini in Town!
- BuzzInRome > Eat & Drink > Eat & Drink
Get In Touch
My Recent PinsThere was error in connecting to your Pinterest account. Either Pinterest.com is down or you have an error in widget configuration.
Follow our Instagram Account!