In Rome, whether it’s winter, spring, summer or fall, it’s never out of season to have a gelato. You can choose from more common fruit flavors to unique flavors such as nutella, tiramisu, nocciola, gianduia. Learn two useful words when in a gelateria (ice cream shop) : coppa (cup) or cono (cone). Some gelaterias offer toppings free of charge so take advantage of that. You can also try gelato the Sicilian way by having your choice of flavors in a bread bun! Other things to try when in a gelateria are the granitas, frullati (milkshake), macedonia (fruit salad), crepes. Another thing you must know is that some gelaterias are also pasticcerias (sweets shop/bakery) so save some space for these delightful sweets! Whenever you want to have a gelato, day or night, before or after a meal, as a snack or even as a meal, don’t pass up the opportunity to indulge in this sweet treat. You won’t have a problem finding an ice cream shop because there are just about in any corner. Just a tip, stay away from gelaterias displaying extra colorful flavors and extra full ice cream containers: it is a clear signal that the gelato is not natural.
- Eating in Trastevere, Avoiding Tourist Traps. Some Good Restaurant Tips
- Are Mondays Dead In Rome? Not At All! Here’s What You Can Do & See the 1st Day of the Week!
- Rome Best Street Food? Supplì! And Here Is Our Top-Ten
- Rome’s Best Pizza is Not Roman! Our Top Ten
- Discover Alternative Rome in San Lorenzo, the student and young artists district
- Watching American Football in Rome & the rest of Italy. Where and How?
- Need Free WiFi? Check Out Our Favorite Places in Rome!
- Tea, tea shops & tea rooms of Rome: these are our picks in the Eternal City!
- Fancy A Sandwich while in Rome? These are the Best Panini in Town!
- Pope Francis Announces Mercy Jubilee, an Extraordinary Holy Year from Dec2015 to Nov2016.
- What’s the Best Carbonara of Rome? Our Top Ten Choices!
- Pigneto, Rome’s Borough where Local meets Global. And the Outcome is Very Cool!
- Revolution in Rome’s Landmarks: Rules, Fees & Opening Hours Change from July 1
- What’s up in Rome on Ferragosto (Aug.15)? Find it out here!
- What’s the Trendiest Pasta Dish in Rome? Cacio e Pepe and here is Our Top-10!
- BuzzInRome > Eat & Drink > Ice Cream > Gelato
Get In Touch