One of the most fascinating neighborhoods of Rome is EUR. Located in the southern part of Rome, far from the city centre but well connected by underground, it was built in the 1940s to host the World Expo of 1942 that actually never took place because of WWII. In EUR, you will think you are in another country, in another continent since it is all white marbled and geometrical, symmetrical shapes. It is characterized by the rationalist style of the 1930s and 1940 that marked most buildings of the fascist era. But Rome had also great modern art before those years which you can see in the Coppedè area or in Villa Torlonia, just to mention a couple of places. And contemporary international architects are enriching our city’s skyline with the Auditorium, the controversial Ara Pacis and the newly-inaugurated MAXXI building. Word of advice, don’t just stop at ancient Roman columns or Baroque churches’ facades. Take time to see modern Rome and the dozens of contemporary art exhibitions on display here. We didn’t stop creating and appreciating beautiful art four or 20 centuries ago!
- Eating in Trastevere, Avoiding Tourist Traps. Some Good Restaurant Tips
- Are Mondays Dead In Rome? Not At All! Here’s What You Can Do & See the 1st Day of the Week!
- Rome Best Street Food? Supplì! And Here Is Our Top-Ten
- Rome’s Best Pizza is Not Roman! Our Top Ten
- Watching American Football in Rome & the rest of Italy. Where and How?
- Discover Alternative Rome in San Lorenzo, the student and young artists district
- Tea, tea shops & tea rooms of Rome: these are our picks in the Eternal City!
- Need Free WiFi? Check Out Our Favorite Places in Rome!
- Fancy A Sandwich while in Rome? These are the Best Panini in Town!
- Pope Francis Announces Mercy Jubilee, an Extraordinary Holy Year from Dec2015 to Nov2016.
- What’s the Best Carbonara of Rome? Our Top Ten Choices!
- Pigneto, Rome’s Borough where Local meets Global. And the Outcome is Very Cool!
- Epiphany in Rome: January 6 Magic Celebrations, Traditions and Folklore
- What’s the Trendiest Pasta Dish in Rome? Cacio e Pepe and here is Our Top-10!
- What’s up in Rome on Ferragosto (Aug.15)? Find it out here!
- BuzzInRome > See > Contemporary & Modern Art > Contemporary & Modern Art
Get In Touch