Want to see where Romans buy their fresh daily products? Food markets are the place to go. Open every day except Sunday from very early in the morning, they are usually over by 2 pm. Fruit and vegetables of any kind are on offer at very low prices. The biggest is Mercato Trionfale, close to the Ottaviano underground stop, while in downtown Rome, the market in Piazza Campo de Fiori is a good one to visit. Another central food market with also a lot of ethnic stuff on sale is in Piazza Vittorio, not far from the Termini station. If you want to try food coming directly from farms around Rome, you should go on Saturday and Sunday to the Farmers’ Market of Via San Teodoro, very close to Circo Massimo.
- Eating in Trastevere, Avoiding Tourist Traps. Some Good Restaurant Tips
- Are Mondays Dead In Rome? Not At All! Here’s What You Can Do & See the 1st Day of the Week!
- Rome Best Street Food? Supplì! And Here Is Our Top-Ten
- Rome’s Best Pizza is Not Roman! Our Top Ten
- Discover Alternative Rome in San Lorenzo, the student and young artists district
- Watching American Football in Rome & the rest of Italy. Where and How?
- Need Free WiFi? Check Out Our Favorite Places in Rome!
- Tea, tea shops & tea rooms of Rome: these are our picks in the Eternal City!
- Fancy A Sandwich while in Rome? These are the Best Panini in Town!
- Pope Francis Announces Mercy Jubilee, an Extraordinary Holy Year from Dec2015 to Nov2016.
- What’s the Best Carbonara of Rome? Our Top Ten Choices!
- Pigneto, Rome’s Borough where Local meets Global. And the Outcome is Very Cool!
- Revolution in Rome’s Landmarks: Rules, Fees & Opening Hours Change from July 1
- What’s up in Rome on Ferragosto (Aug.15)? Find it out here!
- A Map of What’s Open & When for the Christmas Holidays in Rome: Museums, Monuments & Exhibits
- Epiphany in Rome: January 6 Magic Celebrations, Traditions and Folklore
- A Map of Rome’s Top Wine Bars: Where To Drink & Buy The Best Wines in Town
- What’s the Trendiest Pasta Dish in Rome? Cacio e Pepe and here is Our Top-10!
- Celebrating Thanksgiving in Rome: Restaurants, Parties, DIY Meal and Mass Services!
- Christmas Masses in Rome for the Christian Communities, In Different Languages, on Dec24-25
- Operas Under the Stars in Rome: The Terme di Caracalla Season Kicks Off on June 13!
- The Christmas Holidays End on January 6 in Rome with a Long Epiphany Week-End
- Celebrating NYE in Rome: Parties and Concerts to Greet the New Year
- Off the Beaten Track Rome: Garbatella, Charming Urban Experiment With A Soul
- Skiing Near Rome is Easy and Fun, Try Campo Felice!
- Ceramics in Rome: Exhibits and Shops To Admire and Buy the Best Pottery In Town
- Rome’s Greatest Theme Park Rainbow MagicLand Inaugurated Today in Valmontone
- It’s not like the OktoberFest, but here is your Beer Itinerary in Rome & surroundings!
- Easter 2015 in Rome: Religious Celebrations, Events and Special Food
- How’s Pope Benedict XVI’s retreat? Let’s discover Castel Gandolfo!
- BuzzInRome > Shop > Everyday Markets > Everyday Markets
Get In Touch