Have you ever heard of Tiramisù? Here in Rome nearly every pastry shop has got it. Since Romans love sweets, the city is full of sweet shops. Our desserts have a reputation of being delicious rather than looking beautiful. Think of tiramisu, its appearance is a stark contrast of its mouthwatering taste. And not only have you got pastry shops but also bakeries. Many of them prepare biscuits, cookies and simple cakes, like crostata, jam pie . Romans also prepare a lot of desserts with hazelnut, gianduia for instance, chestnuts (marrons glacés, mont blanc, castagnaccio), chocolate, ricotta – our kind of cottage cheese – and Chantilly cream.
- Eating in Trastevere, Avoiding Tourist Traps. Some Good Restaurant Tips
- Are Mondays Dead In Rome? Not At All! Here’s What You Can Do & See the 1st Day of the Week!
- Rome’s Best Pizza is Not Roman! Our Top Ten
- Rome Best Street Food? Supplì! And Here Is Our Top-Ten
- Discover Alternative Rome in San Lorenzo, the student and young artists district
- Watching American Football in Rome & the rest of Italy. Where and How?
- Need Free WiFi? Check Out Our Favorite Places in Rome!
- Pope Francis Announces Mercy Jubilee, an Extraordinary Holy Year from Dec2015 to Nov2016.
- Tea, tea shops & tea rooms of Rome: these are our picks in the Eternal City!
- Fancy A Sandwich while in Rome? These are the Best Panini in Town!
- BuzzInRome > Eat & Drink > Sweets > Sweets
Get In Touch
My Recent PinsThere was error in connecting to your Pinterest account. Either Pinterest.com is down or you have an error in widget configuration.
Follow our Instagram Account!