Have you ever heard of Tiramisù? Here in Rome nearly every pastry shop has got it. Since Romans love sweets, the city is full of sweet shops. Our desserts have a reputation of being delicious rather than looking beautiful. Think of tiramisu, its appearance is a stark contrast of its mouthwatering taste. And not only have you got pastry shops but also bakeries. Many of them prepare biscuits, cookies and simple cakes, like crostata, jam pie . Romans also prepare a lot of desserts with hazelnut, gianduia for instance, chestnuts (marrons glacés, mont blanc, castagnaccio), chocolate, ricotta – our kind of cottage cheese – and Chantilly cream.
- Eating in Trastevere, Avoiding Tourist Traps. Some Good Restaurant Tips
- Are Mondays Dead In Rome? Not At All! Here’s What You Can Do & See the 1st Day of the Week!
- Rome Best Street Food? Supplì! And Here Is Our Top-Ten
- Rome’s Best Pizza is Not Roman! Our Top Ten
- Watching American Football in Rome & the rest of Italy. Where and How?
- Discover Alternative Rome in San Lorenzo, the student and young artists district
- Tea, tea shops & tea rooms of Rome: these are our picks in the Eternal City!
- Need Free WiFi? Check Out Our Favorite Places in Rome!
- Fancy A Sandwich while in Rome? These are the Best Panini in Town!
- Pope Francis Announces Mercy Jubilee, an Extraordinary Holy Year from Dec2015 to Nov2016.
- What’s the Best Carbonara of Rome? Our Top Ten Choices!
- Pigneto, Rome’s Borough where Local meets Global. And the Outcome is Very Cool!
- Epiphany in Rome: January 6 Magic Celebrations, Traditions and Folklore
- What’s the Trendiest Pasta Dish in Rome? Cacio e Pepe and here is Our Top-10!
- What’s up in Rome on Ferragosto (Aug.15)? Find it out here!
- BuzzInRome > Eat & Drink > Sweets > Sweets
Get In Touch