A five kilometre ‘fun run’ (or walk) or the ten-kilometer competitive race through the historic centre of Rome? The 5th Edition of the Run for Food race will start and end at the Stadium Terme di Caracalla, just outside FAO headquarters, in via delle Terme di Caracalla on Sunday October 17. Organized by the Athletic Association Bancari Romani (GSBR) in partnership with Food and Agriculture of the United Nations (FAO), the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), the World Food Programme (WFP) and Bioversity International, the race will take place in the framework of the World Food Day. This year the theme is “United against hunger”, which was chosen to highlight that more food can be produced and more sustainably in the fight against world hunger. The symbol of the campaign is a yellow whistle, which acts as a metaphor to “sound the alarm”’ of the existence of chronic hunger. The main goals of the race are raising the awareness that hundreds of millions of people worldwide don’t get enough to eat each day and for them, hunger can lead to illness, and temporary or permanent damage to their health, and fund raising: the registration/inscription fees of the race will be donated to the “Fruit Trees for Haiti” TeleFood initiative of FAO. As a matter of fact, there is a desperate need for tree-planting in Haiti (devastated by the earthquake on 12 January 2010) especially, fruit trees that, once mature, also provide additional nutrition for poor children. With your 10€ registration fee for the race you will fund nearly three avocado or mango trees for a Haitian school garden, covering fertilizer and other inputs.
- Eating in Trastevere, Avoiding Tourist Traps. Some Good Restaurant Tips
- Are Mondays Dead In Rome? Not At All! Here’s What You Can Do & See the 1st Day of the Week!
- Rome Best Street Food? Supplì! And Here Is Our Top-Ten
- Rome’s Best Pizza is Not Roman! Our Top Ten
- Discover Alternative Rome in San Lorenzo, the student and young artists district
- Watching American Football in Rome & the rest of Italy. Where and How?
- Tea, tea shops & tea rooms of Rome: these are our picks in the Eternal City!
- Need Free WiFi? Check Out Our Favorite Places in Rome!
- Fancy A Sandwich while in Rome? These are the Best Panini in Town!
- Pope Francis Announces Mercy Jubilee, an Extraordinary Holy Year from Dec2015 to Nov2016.
- What’s the Best Carbonara of Rome? Our Top Ten Choices!
- Pigneto, Rome’s Borough where Local meets Global. And the Outcome is Very Cool!
- Epiphany in Rome: January 6 Magic Celebrations, Traditions and Folklore
- Revolution in Rome’s Landmarks: Rules, Fees & Opening Hours Change from July 1
- What’s up in Rome on Ferragosto (Aug.15)? Find it out here!
- BuzzInRome > Have fun > Sport > Help Haiti And Work Out On Sunday Oct. 17 At Rome’s Run For Food 2010
Get In Touch