Hello Welsh rugby fans, here is a list of activities that you can do in the stadium’s surroundings before and after the Italy-Wales game this Saturday. I guess most of you will reach Flaminio from the Underground stop. The area between the stop and the stadium is partly residential and partly occupied by offices, therefore it is particularly quiet on Saturday afternoon. Liven it up!
– Perilli, in Via Cesare Fracassini 36. Restaurant, Roman cuisine
– Il Vignola, in Via del Vignola 25. Restaurant and pizzeria, Italian cuisine. Cheap
– Buchetto, in Via Flaminia 119. Lovely pizzeria. Very small, very authentic and cheap.
– Trentino, in Via Sacconi 21. Pizzeria.
– Treebar, in Via Flaminia 226. One of my favorite restaurants. Also one of Rome’s coolest places. Great hamburger!
– Restaurant within Explora Museum, Via Flaminia 82. – Kebab Kiosk in Via de Coubertin, in the gardens in front of the Auditorium. Take Away.
– Mondo Arancina, in Via Flaminia 42. Take Away of Pizza and Sicilian stuff like rice ball, panelle – chickpeas little pancakes and desserts.
– Pizza a Taglio in Via Flaminia, around street number 20. Take Away
– ReD Bar/Restaurant in Auditorium, Via de Coubertin. Perfect for a cocktail. Pretty posh place.
– BArt. Snack Bar in Auditorium. Typical Italian bar. Limited choice of drinks available
– Kilmoon Pub, in Via Giovanni Battista Tiepolo 2
– Caffè dei Pittori, in Via Flaminia 57
– Pubs/Bars in Piazza Mancini.
– Castroni in Via Flaminia 28. For a great coffee. Italian way, of course! Also high quality food products shop.
– for Kids Explora Museum, in Via Flaminia 82.
– MAXXI, in Via Guido Reni 2. Rome’s newest and biggest Contemporary Art Museum. Designed by world wide famous anglo-iraqi architect Zaha Hadid.
– Villa Borghese. Rome’s oldest park and downtown’s biggest. Nice statues, fountains and views of Rome
– Auditorium Parco della Musica in Via de Coubertin 30. One of the few contemporay buildings in Rome designed by Italy’s most famous architect Renzo Piano. Concerts. Free contemporay art exhibit of Fluxus by Nam June Paik. Big music/bookshop.
– Skating in piazza Mancini. At Axel, Rome’s permanent ice-skating rink. Can rent skates.